(although NOT suitable for pregnant women or people suffering from HP or Low Blood Pressure)
1…. Yoga Breathing or Pranayama, is the foundation of your yoga practice
- Our workshop will begin by deepening our breathing with a 3-part breath,
- The “three parts” are the abdomen, diaphragm, and chest.
Then it’s time to REST AND RESTORE
2…. From there we will enter into several minutes of
Alternate Nostril Breath. Nadi Shohona Pranayama
- Infuses the body with oxygen.
- Clears and releases toxins.
- Reduces stress and anxiety.
- Calms and rejuvenates the nervous system.
- It can help to balance hormones.
- Supports clear and balanced respiratory channels.
- It can help to alleviate respiratory allergies that cause hay fever, sneezing, or wheezing.
Then again, we REST AND RESTORE
3…. We will move into more advanced breathing exercises…………………. such as Kapalabhati breath also known as breath of fire and AKA Bhastrika Pranayama
- Favourable effect on the respiratory and digestive system.
- Drains excess phlegm from the lungs.
- Oxygenates the blood increasing the vitality of all the organs and tissues.
- Strengthens and tones the abdominal region.
- Calms the mind.
- Energizes the entire body and mind.
To finish the workshop, we will do some stretching exercises (Asana) and it is then………………….. YOGA NIDRA TIME deep rest